Do you have a client that wants more information on what a doula is and what they can do? Here’s my list of the best 5 doula videos.
- Fun, and quirky answers to the question “What is a doula?” as well as some great information on what it really is. Describes three birth experiences where a doula was used.
2. Can doulas make a difference? This news broadcast offers information about a program that offers support for minority and low income women.
3. Discusses misconceptions about doulas and how they can help every woman.
4. What is a doula-part of a series providing childbirth education. Provides supportive quotes from doctors, midwives, and women. Discusses studies surrounding doula care and the benefits they provide.
5. Down to earth definition and description in the style of TEDX talks.
“A doula provides non-medical, holistic care to the childbearing family. Prenatally, she provides information to help a family plan what they would like for their birth. During birth, she provides continuous labor support and helps the laboring family work smoothly through the process of labor and birth. She also helps facilitate communication between the laboring family and the medical staff.”-New Beginnings Doula Training