Editor’s Note: The Provo Utah workshop has been postponed until a later date, yet to be announced.
The following information is being provided about the upcoming live doula workshop on
July 5, 2013 (see Editor’s Note above) in the Provo, Utah area. Exact location is yet to be determined.
New Beginnings Doula Workshop:
For those who have felt the pull and the calling to be a part of the journey of birth, this course offers a great introduction into what you can do to help women during labor and birth. This course is offered as a suplement to New Beginnings Doula Certification course, but it can also be taken as a stand alone course for those who are interested.
- Causes of pain
- Effects of Pain
- Assessing Pain
- Define: “Exercising the body in a way that strengthens and stretches the muscles needed for normal physiological movement, including birth”-Katy Bowman
- How our body naturally moves and how that effects birth
- Program goals
- Natural movement program explained
Progression Model of Labor
- Stage of labor vs progression model
- Assessment of Labor Progression
- Plateaus and Hills of Labor
- Physiologic Pushing
- Define: Mothers and babies are versatile feeders. There is not one way to breastfeed. A baby does not need to be awake to latch on and feed. Babies often self attach; mothers can help them do this. Babies often have reflex movements called cues indicating they are ready to feed whilst asleep.
- Video on biological nurturing
- Progressive relaxation
July 5, 2013
Time: 9:30-6 (includes a half-hour lunch break; lunch not provided)
Where: Provo, Utah area. Exact Location TBD.