About the Nightingale Moment and
May 12, Noon, your local time
“On May 12 at noon, every nurse around the world is invited to pause, take a moment of silence or create a healing ceremony or ritual in celebration and dedication of the heart and spirit of nursing. We will create a wave of healing consciousness as nurses world-wide observe this moment. Our collective goal is to reach every nurse in the world with this message. Please take the time to distribute this message by letter, phone, fax, e-mail, meetings, networks, and one-on-one sharing.
During this 24-hour period, nurses around the world will:
- Honor Florence Nightingale and her legacy to modern nursing
- Honor the strength and wisdom of our nursing mission
- Reconnect with the fire and the soul, the sense of calling in nursing
- Acknowledge the interconnections and oneness of nurses in the personal, political, social, and scientific domains
- Relight the lamp and carry the vision of caring and healing into the new millennium” http://www.ahna.org/Home/EventsCalendar/NightingaleMoment/tabid/2337/Default.aspx?utm_source=PROSP_eNews_March+12&utm_campaign=March+B+2012+eNews&utm_medium=email
So what does this have to do with birth, as doula’s we care for women in a very holistic way. As a nurse, I feel a deep sense of longing for my colleagues to acknowledge the importance of this holistic care. Because of this, I am hosting an online event. I will be adding posts on Florance Nightengale, how to reconnect with your calling, and how to help destress in your life and others to keep that fire burning. My goal is to help nurses and doulas remember their callings to help heal and help birthing women in a holistic manner.