Note: After an executive council between the husband and wife team here at New Beginnings, we have decide to postpone the launch of the Basic Doula Skills course. This is in an effort to give more attention to the main course for the present time.
I am now offering a new course for those who are just interested in learning the basic skills associated with doula work. To help you make the decision on what is best for you, here is a list of what each path of education will give you.
Full Doula Training Certification:
- Learn assessment skills to help you understand when and how to help women before and during labor.
- Learn the different needs of women in labor and how to identify them.
- Small amount of training in research and how to use it to communicate with the birth team and help your client.
- Childbirth courses that teach a new paradigm on normal labor versus the old stages theory.
- Training in natural movement as a way to prepare for an easier birth.
- A new way of teaching breastfeeding that more closely follows women’s and infants’ instinct.
- Training in medical terms and ideas that most women will be exposed to that will allow you to communicate more effectively with care providers and your client.
- Experience interacting with the care providers of your clients.
- In depth look at the skills you will use as a doula and why they work.
- Full on-line support or scheduled conference calls, as needed.
Basic Doula Skills Course:
- Designed for those who just want to jump in and get their feet wet.
- Training provided on just the basic, hands-on doula skills.
- No assignments due except a skills pass off sheet that must be signed by others present when you did the skills(these don’t necessarily need to be women in labor).
- No specified number of births
- Paid course support is available for an additional $10.
To request the “Just the Basics” Doula Skills course, visit my contact page and let me know that you’d like to take the course.