Providing Remote Doula Support that Works with Hospital Requirements
with No Comments

When hospitals limit the number of support persons, doulas can still function in their capacity as professional labor support without being physically present at the time of birth.

Updates on New York Doula Law: 22 July 2019
with No Comments

I am not an authority on anything legal nor am I an expert when comes to government regulations and the political process. I am learning. If you are a doula or any form of birth worker, my recommendation is that … Read More

Thank You Shannon!
with No Comments

Without getting overly sentimental, I wanted to take a moment to say goodbye to our first trainer here at New Beginnings Doula Training. While Rachel and I have been with the company from the beginning, it was Shannon Tuke who … Read More

Doulas in the community: Presentation in a Hair Salon
with No Comments

Community is a key value for New Beginnings, so we would like to see more doulas in the community they serve.  One of the great advantages of the New Beginnings approach to doula training is the required assignments that send … Read More

Doula Advocates and Ways of Communicating
with No Comments

A few months ago, I wrote a post about what it means to be an advocate as a doula.  It focused on the idea that communication with the entire birth team (your client, medical providers, and other support people), is … Read More

Students Describe What it Means to be a Doula
with No Comments

Becoming a doula can be a life changing journey.  For many people it starts with a desire to serve women and their babies.  We learn how doulas provide support , and attributes that embody a quality doula are traits we seek to have and … Read More

Interview with a Doula Pioneer: Amy Gilliland
with No Comments

Last month, we were privileged to host a webinar with doula pioneer, Amy Gilliland, who has asked “What is your community’s story of change?” Learn more about the history of doulas, birth attendants and labor support.

Doula Websites as a Community Resource
with No Comments

Meet Yasmin AbuAyed, one of our newest alumni. She resides in the city of Dubai in the United Arab Emirates. (She is our second alumnus located in the Middle East!)  As part of her online promotional efforts, Yasmin uses her … Read More

Student Response: Community Baby Shower Event
with No Comments

At the end of unit I in the main course for our doula certification program, we ask students to give a presentation in their local community that discusses the role of the doula during labor and delivery. S. Addison of … Read More

Doula Students Getting Involved in Their Communities
with 1 Comment

Recently, we put out the following question to our students on our facebook page: I would love to highlight doulas/organizations that are working to educate women and the medical community about doulas and normal birth. If you have anything you … Read More

1 2